Greetings from Costa Rica! I’ll be on the Caribbean side of the country for nine glorious days. I’m hoping my planning will ensure a smooth and fun trip. Here’s how I prepared for the vacation:
- Researched. I read the books gifted to us by my sister- and brother-in-law (above). This gave me a good idea of what to expect on our trip.
- Bought a backpack. I opted to not carry a purse and will instead use a backpack to hold essentials like my camera, snacks and insect repellent.
- Made copies of passports and printed our confirmations for all hotels, shuttles and activities, just in case.
- Called hotels to arrange transportation from the airport. We had to do this twice because our trip includes a flight within Costa Rica.
- Scheduled bill payments.
- Made boarding reservation and bought tick treatment for the dogs.
- Added an international phone plan (daily pass) from Verizon.
- Finished a freelance assignment and turned it in before departure.
- Wrote and scheduled blog posts.
- Exercised to feel better about myself while in a swimsuit for the first time in months.
- Asked friends to check in on our apartment.
Let me know how you prepare for trips in the comments, and wish me luck!