I’m 30. Do I feel 30? Yes, I guess so. Do I look 30? Definitely not if you ask the server at Gumbo Shop in New Orleans; she didn’t believe I was even 21. Despite my looks, I’ve learned a thing or two (or 30) in my three decades of life.
1. Don’t care so much what people think.
2. Don’t be shamed of your hopes and dreams. I used to be afraid to tweet out my blog posts. Can you believe that? Not anymore.
3. Show more affection. Don’t assume people know how much you care.
4. Planning pays off.
5. … But leave some days unplanned.
6. Live in the moment.
7. Don’t work your life away. “All work, no play? No way, Jose!” (If you know what song that’s from you get a gold star.)
8. Life won’t always be in balance.
9. Be happy for others.
10. Take care of yourself.
11. Never stop exploring. See as much as you can, while you can.
12. Never stop learning.
13. Don’t compare yourself to others.
14. Speak your truth!
15. Experiences matter more than possessions.
16. You can do amazing things if you work hard.
17. There’s more than one way to define someone. I am more than solely a wife, runner, yogi, etc.
18. When you are uncomfortable, that’s when the growth happens.
19. Put more effort into friendships.
20. Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness.
21. Live and let live.
22. Surround yourself with positive people.
23. Be kind, not just to others but to yourself.
24. Give without expecting anything in return.
25. Analyze your motivation for doing things. Are you doing it for the right reason?
26. Practice patience. This is probably the most difficult lesson to implement.
27. Be confident!
28. Don’t let fear win!
29. Don’t take on too much; give yourself a break.