My most recent flight reminded me I need to get it together when it comes to being prepared. The Wi-Fi wasn’t working on the plane, so my plans to blog were out the window. I was left with nothing to do but sit there and listen to songs already downloaded on my phone. I ended up listening to the same 15 songs on repeat for three hours. I was also shivering. I had closed the air-conditioning vent above me and was still feeling a blast of cold air. I put my hoodie on and tried to sleep in my seat. I didn’t have a pillow, so my head was just drooping down toward my chest, bobbing from side to side. It was after this uncomfortable experience that I decided enough is enough. I will make sure I have all of the following items on me when I fly to make it a more enjoyable experience. I added an extra at the end that isn’t always necessary (or is it?) but would be nice!
- Headphones + pre-downloaded songs. I will be sure to have at least an hour’s worth of songs.
- Journal (and pen) or Book. Right now I’m using The 52 Lists Project* journal I received for my birthday.
- Snacks. Rice cakes (with almond butter and honey) have been my go-to lately, but hummus and veggie chips/veggies would be tasty, too.
- Mints or Colgate Wisps. I wear Invisalign aligners so this a much pretty much always.
- Wet/face wipes.
- Neck pillow (or something I roll up into a pillow).
- Water bottle.
- Face mist. I’ve heard wonders about this one.* I just think it would feel great after the flight.
- Eucalyptus or lavender oil for headache (or your favorite headache remedy).
- Carry-on Cocktail kit.* They come in various cocktail options; champagne or Old Fashioned would be my picks.
Shop airplane comfort items:
Subscribe to our mailing list for a free vacation packing list to fill in with your own travel essentials!