I got the idea for a Tidbits post from Allison of Because I Said So. She shared little bits of information and updates that wouldn’t make up a full blog post on their own. I love the idea, because I tend to have several drafts waiting to be published that never really pan out.
Thus, here are my Thursday Tidbits:
- I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 when I was eligible for a Verizon upgrade. 1.) I am disappointed Verizon doesn’t have contract pricing on phones anymore. Instead you just pay a certain amount per month on your phone. It seems like Verizon gets more and more expensive, am I right? 2.) The Galaxy S7 is touted as being water resistant and durable (or so I thought), but within the first week of having it, my phone fell out of my pocket and the BACK shattered. Not the screen, the back of the phone. I have never heard of that happening with any phone. I was livid. After cooling off for a week, I bought a gold case that hides the shattered part. The only advice I got from Verizon had been to submit an insurance claim, which typically costs $100. I am shocked at how this phone could be manufactured to be so vulnerable on the back of phone, which is typically more durable. By the way, I love my case, which I got from HD Accessory (not affiliate link). It was shipped quickly and matches the gold on the phone. It cost me about $8 including shipping.
- Graham and I finally made our annual trip to a home-improvement store for gardening supplies and plants. I am getting a late start on our garden because we waited until we moved into our new apartment, but I’m so excited! This year we are sticking with the vegetables I had success with last year: jalapeños, Anaheim peppers, red and green bell peppers, eggplants, cilantro, sweet basil, chocolate mint (Graham’s choice) and oregano. We also bought a lot of petunias (which I am always drawn toward) and many other plants.
- I recently tried George’s Ice Cream & Sweets in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago and it.was.amazing. I ordered the smallest sundae they have with Caramel Chaos ice cream and I struggled to finish it. But it was delicious. The line was out the door on a Friday night, and I can see why. George’s has tons of flavors to choose from and the portions are generous. Want to see where else I’m eating? Follow me on Instagram!
- I just started marathon training and I absolutely love these shorts from C9 at Target. They kept me cool and comfortable while running in the heat and humidity.
- Last but not least, I tried Starbucks’ Granitas, which are available starting at 3 p.m. every day. I ordered the Strawberry Lemon Limeade Granita on a hot afternoon before marathon training. It was a perfectly refreshing summer drink. I will be trying the Youthberry White Tea Granita next. Have you tried them? What did you think?
Share a tidbit about your life in the comments!
* This post contains an affiliate link.