I finally made it to (one of my Chicago summer bucket list items) over the weekend. I was dying to go last year but I had no one to go with. Womp, womp. Normally that doesn’t stop me, but it’s a huge festival that can be kind of intimidating to do alone. I was determined to try Taste after the on Saturday, and I made it happen!
We next headed to Dia de Los Tamales to grab tamales. I tried the black bean and corn while Graham chose pork. Again, yum! I loved the salsa on top. I also tried my friend’s veggie burger before moving on to Chicago-style fries from Gold Coast Dogs.
What you should know before you go:
- The free festival is packed! The security line at the gate was long, but it moved quickly.
- You can pay for tickets with cash or credit/debit, but the cash lines were shorter.
- Each booth had Taste portions and bigger portions. The Taste portions were usually 3-5 tickets, which full-size portions could be 8-9 but I also saw some items listed for 12-13.
- Booths typically had lines but most seemed to move quickly.
- Check the schedule if you’re looking for a particular restaurant because some were only there on certain days.
Subscribe to our mailing list for upcoming freebies and printables!