Confession: It’s only been fall for a week and I’ve already watched “Hocus Pocus” twice. The movie brings back memories of my childhood, and at 30 I still find it to be hilarious. I will probably watch it at least once a week until Halloween. At least. It’s my favorite fall film, and one of my top ten favorite movies ever.
The best moments in the movie:
- “Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick!” I feel like I say this all the time.
- “Oh come on. It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus.” Graham and I sort of freak out when characters say the name of a movie. “They said the name of the movie! They said the name of the movie!” We yell like little kids.
- “Thackery Binx, thou mangy feline. Still alive?!” I just like the way she says this, and everything.
- “Why was I cursed with such idiot sisters?!” “Just lucky I guess.” One of the best lines in the whole movie.
- “Sisters, All Hallow’s Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!” “Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok!” Sarah Jessica Parker is my favorite.
What are your favorite Halloween movies? What are your favorite moments from “Hocus Pocus”?