Last year I made the switch to cruelty-free skin-care, makeup and hair products. I am currently happy with the skin-care products I’m using, though I am still mixing up my routine to see if there’s something I love even more. One of my goals this year is to learn to make some of my own skin-care items, but right now the products below are working well for me. Do you make your own products? Any tips?
My skin-care favorites at the moment:
- Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash: I enjoy the gentle lather and coconut scent of this face wash. It’s my go-to facial cleanser! It claims to also tone the skin as well as remove makeup.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Toner – Lavender: I enjoy the gentle toner and its scent. I don’t really feel like I need to try others, but I am interested in the rose-scented toner from Thayers as well.
- Miss Spa masks: I use these affordable sheet masks once a week. I have tried several varieties, and my favorites so far are the Age Defy and Brightening masks. These are affordable; they are $2.99 each at Target. I also liked the eye masks, but those I have only seen at Walgreens.
- It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream: I’ve been using this for a few months now and will continue to purchase it. My skin feels and looks smoother. It contains hyaluronic acid, among other ingredients, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream: It’s too soon to review this eye cream, but of all the Mario Badescu eye creams I tested in the store, I liked this the most. I liked the scent and texture and it has kept my under eyes hydrated.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Cream: I meant to purchase this again after testing it in December, but I’ll wait until I have used up my Mario Badescu cream. I really enjoyed this cream and saw results. (I am talking about the regular It Cosmetics eye cream, not the color-correcting eye cream.)
These products I don’t consider necessities, but I purchase them every once in a while. All of them are cruelty-free as well:
- Lush Cup O’ Coffee Mask: The coffee-scent mask is a nice way to wake up. I enjoyed the exfoliation, but not the mess. (It leaves mini coffee grinds in the sink when you wash it off.)
- Yes To Coconut sheet mask: I enjoy the scent and hydration of this sheet mask.
- Burt’s Bees grapefruit facial wipes: I don’t always use wipes because I like to reduce my waste, but I enjoyed the scent of these. I pick them up when I will be traveling and for days when I wear more makeup than usual.
- Mario Badescu facial spray: I didn’t think this is a necessity at all, but I loved spraying my face throughout the day as a pick-me-up. The scent is lovely as well.
- Desert Essence Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil has many benefits. I used this to help remove makeup and as a moisturizer, among other uses.