I love reading about what people carry in their bags and the items that people consider to be essentials. I was inspired by reading videos and posts to share the contents of my own purse. Into that sort of thing?
What’s in my bag:
- Phone power bank: I previously used a more expensive portable phone charger, but it didn’t last long. I am now trying this Techlink Recharge power bank, which comes in four colors: black, white, blue and pink. I like to have this in my purse just in case I am traveling or at a baseball game.
- Faux-leather wallet: Confession: I have had this exact wallet for at least 8 years. Shopping for accessories is one area of my life in which I am a minimalist. I don’t see the need for me to buy a new wallet until I need to replace this.
- Beats Bluetooth wireless headphones with case: I carry my headphones in my purse so I can listen to Audible on the L (train) or watch Youtube videos. These are also a necessity for travel.
- Oakley aviator sunglasses: These were a gift from Graham, who wanted me to have higher-quality sunglasses. I have had these for about three years and have replaced the lenses once. Oakley had excellent service: They replaced my lenses for me in store. Sometimes I wear inexpensive rose-gold sunglasses like these from H&M.
- Pepper spray and whistle with light and compass: I have carried pepper spray in my purse since my days at the newspaper in Arizona. I worked nights (from 2 to 11 p.m. or later, depending on breaking news), so I wanted to have it on hand as I walked to my car in a nearby parking garage. While I never felt unsafe in downtown Phoenix, I liked to have it just in case. The whistle was given to me by a Chicago police officer last year. There had been a recent report of a woman being attacked during a jog.
- Burt’s Bees lip balm: I have written this before, but I can’t live without this stuff. It feels like heaven on my lips.
- Liquid lipstick: I have recently been wearing the Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipstick in Give Me Mocha every time I wear makeup. It goes with so many makeup looks.
- Flint Lint roller: This was sent to me in my September Popsugar Must-Have box, which I received for free. I love this because it is resuable and great for travel.
- Baby wipes: Because I have a toddler.
- Snacks: Usually an apple or an orange.
- Hand sanitizer: Because the train.
- GoPro Hero 5: I have recently been working on uploading more videos to YouTube. (Please subscribe!)
- Perfume rollerball.
Shop the post**