While switching to cruelty-free products has been a challenge, it’s been fun to try different products and brands. It’s also been satisfying to try to use up entire products rather than buy too many of the same product at once. I am trying to be minimalist in my makeup and skin care while still experimenting with new products. My latest round of empties features all fairly affordable products, a couple of which were sent to me to try. The rest are favorites I’ve recently discovered. This latest roundup shares my thoughts on the products I’ve used up and whether I would repurchase them.
- Physicans Formula Butter Bronzer ($14.99): I love the way this smells, but sadly it’s too light for me. I would highly recommend this if it works with your skin tone! It lasted me a year! I would repurchase if Physicians Formula made a slightly darker version. Please leave your favorite bronzer recommendations in the comments below!
- Yes To Grapefruit Single Use Sheet Mask ($2.50): I really liked this mask. I try to use a sheet mask once every week or two weeks. This one is affordable and doesn’t irritate the skin. I would buy this again.
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm ($3.99): My favorite lip balm ever. I already have backups in my purse.
- Madam C.J. Walker Brassica Seed Oil (sample size; $26 for full size): I loved the scent of this oil, which I received for free from Influenster for testing purposes months ago. It left my hair silky and smooth. I already have another oil to use up, so I won’t be buying this anytime soon, but if you’re in the market for oil for your hair, this one was great.
- e.l.f. Mint Maniac Lip Exfoliator ($3.90): I used this every night before bed. I haven’t had dry, cracking lips in a long time, and this could be why. It has a minty flavor and it’s affordable. I would buy the brown sugar one instead because I might like the flavor/scent more. I also heard Lush has a good lip scrub, but I haven’t tried it yet.
- L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation ($8.99): I loved how good my skin looked in this, but if you’re oily it could definitely be too much. I would buy this again, especially in the winter when I want a faux luminous look to my skin. (Update: After using the Milani foundation I bought after this I definitely want to go back to this one sooner.)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($12 for mini): I didn’t find this to be as life-changing as people say. I like the bristles, but it wasn’t as volumizing as I thought it would be. I plan to buy the full size if I don’t like the new one I have. (I am now trying the Essence Lash Princess mascara and I like it so far.)
- Not Your Mother’s Way to Grow Shampoo ($4.84): I don’t look for much in shampoo except that it’s cruelty-free, affordable, smells good and cleans my hair. This does all of those. I feel like my hair has looked good the past couple of months that I’ve used it, so I already repurchased the shampoo.
- Not Your Mother’s Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray ($6.99): I thought I was buying hairspray when I picked this up. I liked this for texture but I didn’t get much hold out of it. I bought the hairspray from NYM instead.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol Free Toner in Rose Petal ($10.95): I love Thayers and have already repurchased this gentle toner. It lasts for months. I decided to try the cucumber next, which I regret. I will probably go back to the lavender or rose petal after this bottle.
- Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Cleanser ($10): I’ve said this before, but this is my favorite cleanser. I have gone back to this after every other cleanser I’ve tried.
What products have you used up recently? Would you buy them again?
Shop the products**: