It’s getting real, folks. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant with a fast-approaching due date. Today I wanted to share my third trimester pregancy update and favorite products, which are items I am loving because they are making me more comfortable as our baby girl’s birth nears.
My most persistent symptom this trimester has been heartburn. I cut back on cheese and citrusy and spicy foods to try to alleviate it as much as possible. I’ve had mixed success with that. I use heartburn chews and my sister-in-law sent me some heartburn tea, which helps for the most part!
The hormones have made me even more emotional than I already am, which hasn’t been easy to deal with. I am extremely sensitive to the things people say and my reactions can sometimes be heightened. I think everything’s going to be OK, though!
I’ve also had some physical pain. I feel a pulling in my hip area that has not gone away. I thought yoga would help, but I am also afraid of overstretching so I tend to be super careful in many poses. I stopped running completely because I believe it makes the pulling sensation worse, but I have been able to use the elliptical and do such exercises as squats. I also was able to hike in Phoenix, Hawaii and San Francisco while I was there, so I’m grateful for that. As probably every pregnant woman will say, I also have back pain. My belly has expanded exponentially in just the last two or three weeks. I have a small, short frame, so really it makes sense that the baby has nowhere to grow but outward!
I feel our baby girl moving constantly, and I love every second of it. It’s just so special! I’ve definitely felt the nesting instinct lately, too: I have been nonstop decluttering and cleaning since February. I just could not wait any longer. As far as baby prep, we have everything we will need when she arrives. Because we don’t know when we will be moving, we are holding off on such items as a crib. Luckily our friends and family have been generous enough to gift us pretty much all of the essentials and a ton of baby clothes and items. (I will be sharing the remaining items on my baby wish list soon in a post!) I’m super eager to pack my hospital bag because I like to be prepared AHEAD of time, but I’ll wait a week or two longer.
My third trimester favorites are those items that help me make more comfortable and happy in general. While every pregnancy is different, I’m convinced these items would be appreciated by any pregnant woman.
Third Trimester Pregnancy Favorites:
- Bio Oil: I read about this in January in a blogger’s pregnancy update and immediately purchased it. It smells amazing! The bottle says it must be used for at least three months, so I won’t know how well it works until later on, but I feel like it keeps my skin soft and I haven’t developed any new marks.
- Baths: I love my daily baths, whether using bath bombs or just foaming bath. It helps me relax and soothes my sore muscles. Baths have become a part of my nighttime routine after V’s bedtime story. I take the time to listen to an Audible book or music or watch a YouTube video (usually on hospital bags! haha).
- Slippers: I wear them all the time. Who wants to wear real shoes?
- Prenatal massage: Why did I wait so long to get one? Oh yeah, I don’t like to spend money! Graham booked one for me and it was much needed and appreciated. I would love to book another before baby as well. I’m also still loving our neck and shoulder massager.
- Boppy/Pillows in general: I use them on my back, to support my belly, between my legs, you name it. I would love to spend all day cozied up in pillows. As I write this I have about five pillows behind my back.
- Belly bands: They make a huge difference at the end of the day. On days I don’t wear them I can hardly move by the end of the day. When I wear them I feel 1,000 times better! I have tried two kinds. One that is just an elastic band (They say to buy one size larger than pre-pregnancy.) and one that adjusts. I like both!
What are you excited about in this new season? Do you have any current favorite items?