- Start Where You Are: A Journal for Self-Exploration. I came across artist Meera Lee Patel’s work on Instagram. I was drawn to her ethereal pieces. I bought a journal for myself recently, but I haven’t started filling it in yet because it’s too lovely to use. It’s filled with inspirational quotes and illustrations. The start of a new season is a good time to begin. While this purchase doesn’t benefit a charity directly (that I know of), it is all about self-improvement and reflection.
- LifeStraw. Graham told me about this portable water filter recently. We ordered a water bottle and extra filter for ourselves to use on our adventures — and in case we ever find ourselves on “Naked and Afraid. We plan to give these as gifts. For each sold filter, one school child in a developing country will be provided with safe drinking water for an entire school year, LifeStraw says.
- Little Market Braided Beaded Bracelet in Mint and Rose Gold. The bracelet is handmade by artisans in Guatemala. According to the item description, “Wakami also provides a support network, meeting nutritional needs with organic gardens, home needs with solar energy and water filters, and income needs with business training programs.” There are many other color options to choose from, too.
Galentine’s Day, the day to celebrate our best friends, is fast approaching. Some people celebrate it the day before Valentine’s Day, as in “Parks and Recreation,” but I think February 14 would be a splendid day to honor your loved ones, too.
I’ve found three vendors with unique and inspirational gifts for your favorites.
1. “Love Yourself” print from Love By Design Shop on Etsy. Hand-drawn and lovely, this print will motivate your best pal every time she looks at it. And Love By Design Shop donates a portion of every sale to a selected cause each month.
2. On Purpose Friendship Bracelet from Kate Spade’s From Rwanda With Love collection. The bracelet can say Be Bold or Live Fully and comes in two color options. Artisans from Masoro created this limited-edition collection.
3. Sugar Scrub from Cheehilo Handmade Soaps. The sugar scrub is made with Maui sugar, poppy seed and pink kaolin clay. The shops sells handmade soaps and skincare products that are made from Hawaiian plants and produce. And they are beautiful, too!
*Image credits are 1. Love By Design Shop | 2. Kate Spade | 3. Cheehilo Handmade Soaps
**I wasn’t compensated for this post; I just think these would be lovely gifts! The ad/link below is an affiliate link. I am compensated on purchases through this link. Thank you for supporting Floradise blog.