Recently I shared my camping and road trip essentials and prep list in anticipation of our weekend. We had planned to go to Indiana Dunes, but at the last minute we decided to change our destination to Warren Dunes State Park. It reminded us a lot of Nordhouse Dunes, where we camped last summer.
About Warren Dunes:
- It’s dog-friendly and the dog areas are clearly marked. They must be on leashes though.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited and rangers/officers patrol the beach, citing anyone who has them.
- You can rent kayaks and paddleboards!
- You’ll need an umbrella, because there’s no shade.
- Out-of-state residents pay $9 per day or $32 for an annual pass.
- It’s only an hour and a half from Chicago, but it took us more than two hours to get home on Sunday evening.