Vegas is often seen as a party and gambling hub, but it can also be a family-friendly vacation destination. It’s easy to spend big bucks there, but free and low-cost things abound as well. A recent family trip reminded me that you can keep both kids and adults entertained in Sin City.
Things to do ideas:
- Visit the fountains and Conservatory at Bellagio. The Fountain show was recently voted TripAdvisor’s top U.S. attraction.
- Circus shows, amusement park and arcade at Circus Circus. The shows start at 11 a.m. daily. My nephews and I played arcade games and I even won a Minion from “Despicable Me” for one of them.
- Sirens of TI is offered nightly at various times. It gets pretty packed in the viewing area though, and getting out of the crowd took some time.
- Ride the New York, New York roller coaster, play games in the arcade or pose in front of Lady Liberty.
- See the lions at MGM Grand.
- Check out the inside of the Venetian and perhaps go on a gondola ride.
- Watch a volcano show at the Mirage.
- Explore the pyramid at Luxor.
Before the trip I looked on Groupon for deals. Among the specials I found: $20 for two at Ice Bar and $20 for a Paris pool outing for two with two drinks on Sunday-Thursday.
Another way to save: Look through coupon books found pretty much everywhere to find discounts on rides, attractions and shows.