This blog began thanks to my desire to be a tourist in my own city. As a frugal explorer, I always appreciate advice on free or low-cost things to do. This post is an attempt to compile a list of such activities in my area. I hope to add to it regularly. Any more ideas on free things to do? Send them my way!
1. Check out the lawn games at the Yard.
2. Hike at one of the countless Valley trails.
3. Walk, run or ride your bike down Murphy’s Bridle Path or the canals.
4. Check out what’s going on at 200EVB during EVB Live.
5. Attend a free yoga class at Lululemon at the Biltmore on Sundays.
6. Visit the Phoenix Art Museum on Wednesdays from 3-9 p.m. or during First Fridays.
7. Check out Scottsdale ArtWalk 7-9 p.m. Thursdays or First Friday in downtown Phoenix.
8. Drive to the top of South Mountain.
9. Stroll through the Japanese Friendship Garden.
10. Take a walk or run around Tempe Beach Park and on the pedestrian bridge.
11. Check out a Culture Pass at the library to get free admission to Valley museums.
|Mesa Contemporary Arts|
12. Attend Arizona Cardinals training camp during the summer.
13. Peruse one of the local farmers markets.
14. Attend a free ice-skating lesson Saturdays at AZ Ice Peoria. (This class can only be taken once and you should register in advance.)