After only 10 months in Chicago, I’m still a newbie. I still have so much to do and see, so I need a game plan. Step 1: Make a list of what you want to accomplish in 2016. Step 2: Share that list. Step 3: Go out and do it! Here’s what I want to do in the city in 2016:
|Photo courtesy of Choose Chicago.|
- Go to a White Sox game at the Cell. I want to check out the stadium, but I also have a soft spot for the White Sox because I’ve been to a lot of games at their spring-training facility in Phoenix. Why isn’t Wrigley Field on this list? Because I’m lucky enough to be able to go to Wrigley Field as often as I want.
- Run the Chicago Marathon.
- Stand-up paddleboard yoga on Lake Michigan.
- Laugh my ass off at a Second City or IO Theater comedy show.
- See a show at Chicago Theatre.
- Stroll through the Museum of Contemporary Photography and the Art Institute of Chicago.
Check out the view from the John Hancock building.
- Attend the Wicker Park Fest.
- Visit the J. Parker.
- Kayak on the Chicago River.
- Race to Wrigley. It’s a 5K that combines my love of running and baseball. Win-win.
- Ice-skating at Lincoln Park Zoo, or anywhere. I’ve actually been never ice-skating. It sounds terrifying to me but I’ll try it, as long as I can hold on to Graham the whole time.
- Check out the Harold Washington Library. It’s free, and it intrigues me.
- Walk around Garfield Park Conservatory.
- Tour buildings participating in Open House Chicago.
- Go to a music festival. I missed out during my first year in Chicago but I want to finally go to one.
Cruise on the water taxi.
What else should I add to this list?