Last summer was my first in Chicago, and I quickly discovered how overwhelming it can be to decide what to do. The city comes alive in the spring and summer: After hibernating all winter, everyone ventures outdoors for countless festivals, events and things to do. It was not usual to have weekends booked up weeks in advance. This year I want to try to cover as much of this list as I can. What’s on your summer checklist?
My Chicago Bucket List
- Check out Lincoln Park Conservatory and Garfield Park Conservatory.
- Baseball games at both Cellular Field and Wrigley Field.
- Plant a garden.
- Volunteer at a community garden.
- Eat on a patio.
- Run the Chicago Spring Half Marathon.
- Watch a movie at Millennium Park.
- Visit the Field Museum.
- Practice yoga at Millennium Park.
- Cruise on an architecture tour or the lake. (I did this last summer but I want to do it again!)
- Taste the dishes at a food festival. (I am thinking Taste of Chicago.)
- Stand-up paddleboard yoga on Lake Michigan. I wanted to do this last summer but we had visitors or plans every weekend.