Before I get into my May goals, let’s check in with my previous goals.
April goal check-in
- Continue looking for freelance writing and editing work. I didn’t find any freelance work in April, but I also didn’t really look. I’m going to really focus on this in May. I’d like to also grow my own blog and newsletter. (Please sign up here!)
- Film one video for YouTube. Success! I filmed the Yoga & Mimosas event at the John Hancock Building in Chicago and our weekend in Kentucky for Thunder Over Louisville 2016, as well as a yoga video that will go live this week. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel here.
- Stay on track with half-marathon training. Done! I ran about 50 miles in April and stayed on track with training. I also found out I’m running the Chicago Marathon in October. I didn’t complete the Orangetheory Marathon, but I helped out Care for Real, a food pantry in Edgewater (Chicago) that provides food, clothing and referrals to people in need. Read my half-marathon recaps.
- Adjust my diet to cut out more junk. Somewhat successful! Eating mostly healthy, unprocessed foods is harder than running a marathon! I ordered farm boxes, which helped me eat more vegetables. I have been following some fitness bloggers and vloggers who have helped me find healthy snack options. I plan to blog about this at some point.
- Continue saving and paying down debt. Any money I saved had to be used for moving and general life expenses that came up. We have paid down debt and plan to have an account paid off by June. I am also super close to paying off a student loan, and I can have the other paid off this year. It feels like it’s taken a million years.
- Declutter a bit more, pack and move into our new apartment!
- Find freelance writing and editing work.
- Continue half-marathon/marathon training, and beat my previous half-marathon time at the Chicago Spring Half. I want to set a PR, but I don’t know if that’s realistic given my times during recent long runs.
- Limit personal spending to $50 a week.
- Grow my blog community and social media presence. Won’t you help a girl out?
- Live in the moment despite the anticipation of what’s to come. We have some big changes on the way, and I want to be able to enjoy the journey instead of letting stress kill my vibe.