Choosing where to brunch is an extremely difficult decision. Chicago has countless options, and there’s pressure (I put on myself) not to pick the wrong spot. Luckily my friends and I made the right choice this weekend by going to Cafe Ba-Ba Reeba in Lincoln Park.
The tapas (small plates) are meant to be shared, so order a bunch of everything and try it all!
What we ordered:
- Waffles with marcona almond nutella: Amazing.
- Two orders of spicy potatoes with aioli sauce: I could not get enough. I pretty much ate one order by myself.
- Brussels sprout salad: Looked like cole slaw to me, but was great.
- Eggs Benedict: I may not be an eggs benedict person, so I don’t know.
- Calamari: Good, but seemed like aioli would be a better sauce for it. In fact, that’s what I used.
- Goat cheese baked in tomato sauce with toasted bread: Yum.
- Deviled egg: Also yum, but tiny.
- Chicken and ham croquetas: Didn’t try them. Comes with ham that I didn’t eat.
- Beef empanadas: Didn’t try them.