Week 4 of Chicago Marathon training was busy, exhausting and fun! I mixed in four days of race training with plenty of entertainment. I was able to explore more of Chicago, work on my fitness goals and even learn how to improve my blog!
Week 4’s marathon workouts:
Monday: Rest day.
- High rows on the TRX strap.
- Chest press on the TRX strap.
- Bench step up with later raise (with dumbbells).
- 1-minute all-out row.
- Side V-ups.
- Triple squat burpees.
- Torso rotations with dumbbell.
- Jumps over small hurdles (1 minute, twice).
- Walking side planks.
- Side skiers.
- Walking lunges (for a looong way).
- Side shuffles around a small garden in the park.
- Speed drill stepping in and out of a ladder.
Floor workout included:
- High rows to low rows on the TRX straps.
- Chest press.
- Weighted situps.
- Split lunges with bicep curls.
- Weighted toe touches.
It’s unusual for me to spend an entire weekend without a workout, but it was a nice change. I shifted my long run to Friday because I had plans to attend So Fab U On the Road on Saturday and an important appointment and a baseball game on Sunday. It was a fun yet exhausting weekend. I’m ready to get back at it this week! I increased my mileage in Week 4 in just four workouts, which I consider a win. Also, I’ve now been tracking my calories and macros daily for two weeks. I notice it holds me accountable, though it didn’t stop me from indulging at Taste of Chicago on Saturday night.