I’ve tried to explore Chicago as much as I can since moving here in March 2015. I love trying different things to do and checking out new restaurants. I like to share the activities I have enjoyed most so far with anyone who is visiting Chicago for the first time. All of these fun things to do are easily accessible from the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago, which is conveniently located in The Loop, or downtown. The hotel puts you just moments from popular Windy City attractions like Millennium Park, where you can take your seemingly required “Bean” selfies, and the Lake Michigan lakefront. The Chicago skyline is gorgeous (see above), and this hotel lets you be in the middle of it. Plus the hotel has amenities like rooftop and indoor pools, a fitness center and pet-friendly rooms!
My picks for must-do things in Chicago:
- Architecture cruise on the Chicago River.
- Chicago Cubs games at Wrigley Field (or White Sox game at the Cell if you prefer). Both are just a short train or car ride away.
- Taking in the views from the John Hancock Tower and Sears (Willis) Tower. You don’t need to pay for a ticket to the observation towers. You can grab a drink from the Signature Room if you don’t want to feel like a tourist!
- Walking, running or riding a bike along the Lakefront Trail.
- Eating at local restaurants! It is tough to nail down a specific place, because Chicago has so many amazing food options. And if you venture outside of the Loop you can find even more amazing eateries.
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Field Museum
- A show at Chicago Theatre
To enter the giveaway for 30,000 points, sign up to become a member and visit the Carlson website to find hotels! Comment below with where you would travel. Please provide an email address or social media handle so I can contact the winner and obtain your Club Carlson account information.
Giveaway rules: No purchase is necessary to win. Winners must be 18 or older and live in the U.S. to participate. Club Carlson will deposit the 30,000 points in the winner’s Club Carlson account. I will notify the winner via email and obtain the winner’s Club Carlson account number. The winning entry must follow the rules stated above. The winner will be selected randomly and notified by email on October 10, 2016. The winner must reply within 48 hours or another winner will be selected from the remaining entries.
UPDATE: THE WINNER WAS CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED. THANK YOU FOR ENTERING.