My most recent empties feature new and familiar products to me, but all of them are cruelty-free! I’ve been focusing on self-care recently, especially when it comes to my body and my skin. This round of empties reflects that. Bonus: These products are all affordable!
- Miss Spa Brighten sheet mask ($2.99): I have written about how much I like these affordable sheet masks several times; they are a regular part of my skin-care routine.
- Wet ‘n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray ($4-5): I liked this drugstore setting spray. It set my makeup in place and made any cakey-ness disappear. I didn’t have any issues with creasing either! I really don’t think it made my makeup last that much longer — at least I didn’t notice a difference. My only complaint is that the spray is a bit strong. I didn’t have to repurchase because I got another for free with a recent Wet ‘n Wild order. Win! Although, I haven’t been using this much yet because I am currently trying out the Milani Make It Last setting spray.
- Ole Henriksen Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths (trio was about $15, sample had 10 cloths): I got a trio set of Ole Henriksen products recently as part of a birthday haul thanks to family. These cloths have a citrus scent (reminds me an Orange Creamsicle) to them that became a bit much for me after a few uses. They were gentle on the eyes and removed most of my makeup, but I am not in love with these wipes.
- Dr Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution, Eucalyptus & Spearmint (about $4.50): I go through these bags of Epsom Salt regularly. (I probably have used five or six in the past month.) I have had soreness in my shoulder and back, and these help me relax after workouts or after a long day at my desk. I also enjoy the Lavender soak.
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm ($3.99): I cannot live without this lip balm, especially in the winter. I have other flavors but the original is the best. I don’t know why I even bother with the other flavors/scents; it’s the best.
- Udderly Smooth Hand Cream (about $3): I got this hand cream as part of a self-care gift from a family member when we brought Victoria home. It saved my skin during this winter! I liked to carry it in my purse.
- Lush Hottie Massage Bar (not pictured, $12.95): I bought this on a whim because I found myself at a Lush store in Chicago before brunch with Jessie. I was intrigued by the massage bars, and the Hottie is meant to help sore and tired muscles. It’s shaped with bumps on one side so that you can massage the area. It has a warm, almost spicy scent and the oils (including jojoba) dissolve into your skin, leaving it super soft. I would definitely buy this again.
- Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask (about $9): I liked this gentle, moisturizing mask, which also has a bit of a spicy scent. (It contains ginger, fennel, cardamom and turmeric.) I think I prefer the Cup O’ Coffee more, so I may go back to that one, even if I disliked the mess it creates. You really can’t go wrong with Lush masks though.
What products have you been loving lately?
Shop my empties**