|Five more types of products I purchased because of YouTube videos. (I have various shades of the polish and eyeshadows.)|
** This post contains affiliate links.
I recently shared five products I was inspired to buy after watching YouTube videos. Welp, there’s more than just five products on the list of beauty products YouTubers made me buy influenced me to buy. Today I’m sharing Round 2. Luckily, these are all affordable products! Bonus: These are all cruelty-free brands.
Despite purchasing all of these products, my makeup collection is fairly small. I bought a lot of these products to replace non-cruelty-free items. (I am still using up some of my non-cruelty-free items before I replace them with those not tested on animals, because I don’t want to waste products either. I also recently donated gently used and sanitized products to a women’s shelter.)
Five more items I bought:
- Makeup Geek shadows: I had never even heard of this brand before watching beauty gurus on YouTube. I liked the affordability and pigmentation I saw in videos, so I decided to give these a shot. While I like them, I notice some of the foiled shadows come apart easily. (I have broken a couple of these eyeshadow pans.) The mattes are nice, though, and Coco Bear is my favorite shade.
- Wet n Wild Megaglo Contouring Palette: I wanted to try contouring, but I didn’t know where to start. I heard in multiple videos that this is a great starter palette, and they were so right! It’s also super affordable. I used up a whole palette and was sent a new one as a free gift with a recent foundation purchase (below). Score!
- Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation (Desert Beige): I loooove this foundation; it’s the only one I use right now. It’s my perfect shade, too. I like the vast shade range in this collection, and it looks great on my skin. I would say it’s natural coverage, which is why I like it for everyday use. If you have oily skin you might not enjoy that it stays slightly dewy. I don’t love the scent but I can look past it for $5.99.
- KL polish in Gumption, Snickerdoodle and Dass Esspensive: These are cruelty-free as well as free of harsh ingredients. Also, this formula lasts longer on my nails than other brands I had been using. I like the polishes, though you can only order them online. (Dass Esspensive is beautiful but it’s sold out on KL Polish’s website.)
- Milani Retouch and Erase Light-Lifting Concealer: Many YouTubers have been talking about the Milani products that were released recently, including this concealer. I decided to replace my empty Too Faced concealer with this, but I got a shade that is a bit too light for me, so I still need to try it in my correct shade. On first impression, I think I would like more coverage.
What are your favorite products right now?
Shop some of the products**