Chances are you’ve seen bloggers on Instagram touting trendy clothing items at insanely low prices and wondered where they bought them from. I have noticed a lot of them are from SheIn. In the past year, I have purchased 11 items from SheIn, the inexpensive-fashion online site. Out of those eight items, I returned two, and I would have returned at least another had I purchased return shipping insurance.
Here’s what I bought:
- Long Sleeve Casual Dress ($8.89): On the site this is described as purple, but it was red. It was perfect for fall, and it was comfortable to wear. On me the dress was a bit long, but I didn’t mind. Sadly I ruined this dress by spilling cleaner on it, so I could not longer where it. I decluttered it last year. I loved the neck and I would buy this again if it weren’t sold out.
- Marled Knit Cropped Tie Leggings ($9.99): These felt cheap and were too thin. The tie-back feature was actually kind of awkward on a short person. I donated these.
- Burgundy Glasses Print T-Shirt ($9.99): I love this shirt and wear it often. It’s comfortable and cute! My only issue with it is that the red kind of bled into the white glasses on the front during one of the washes. I still wear it, though. (This is the top in the photo on my website.)
- Army Green Criss-Cross V Back Tee ($10): I wear this once a week. It’s super comfortable and thick material. It’s a little long on me but I don’t mind that.
- Palm Leaf Print Embossed Fit and Flare Dress ($13): I returned this dress because it didn’t fit. I ordered a small when I needed a medium, but I also didn’t like how thin the material was. It was almost see-through.
- Button Closure Back Ruffle Cold-Shoulder Top ($12): I like this top. I have worn it several times. The color is nice. (I actually only paid about 45 cents because I applied the refund from the dress above to the purchase.)
- Palm Leaf Plunging Cami Romper ($9): I bought this for our upcoming tropical vacation. I am guilty of wanting to wear leaf print. Sorry, not sorry! The plunging part is a little much for everyday wear but will be fine on the beach. It’s also a little thin. It was a bit too tight when I first tried it on but now it zips. If it doesn’t fit in December I plan to donate or sell this.
- Multicolor Pocket Off-the-Shoulder Romper ($15.49): I absolutely love this romper and wear it often. It’s a bit thin, a common theme in my purchases, but I don’t mind. I love the colors!
- Cut-Out Strappy Shoulder Tee ($9): I wear this often as well, and it is starting to show signs of wear, namely loose threads.
- Black Waterdrop Pendant Lace Choker ($2.99): I liked this choker but I realize as I type this that I haven’t worn it in months. It’s time to let it go or start wearing it again.
- Wrap V Neckline Palm Leaf Print Self Tie Slit Dress ($6): I am not sure who would ever wear this. It looks cute but that slip comes up to your waist almost. It’s totally not wearable except as a bathing suit coverup. I am not sure why I even bought this, but I immediately returned it.
Note: The prices I listed are those that I paid. Prices can change and some of mine were lower because I applied credits I received from reviewing purchases.
My SheIn purchases so far have totaled less than $100. Overall, you get what you pay for. I was pleasantly surprised with a few of my picks, and disappointed in just as many items. The other items were just OK; they were cute but didn’t last that long. I recommend getting the $1.99 shipping insurance if you decide to purchase anything so that you can easily return it if it doesn’t work. I have had no issues with my return. I simply printed the label, sent it back and the refund was deposited within the week. From there you have to request a withdrawal from your “Wallet” on SheIn, but that was easy to do.
Shipping was hit and miss. Some items arrived quickly while one item in particular took almost a month to arrive. (In that case customer service sent me an email apologizing for the delay and credited my account with points to redeem on future purchases.) Some items were shipped from China, while others seemed to arrive from Europe (though I’m not sure).
Want to shop SheIn? You can get a $5 off purchases of $55 or more with code BTS5 from Sept. 1-Sept. 15. (This is not my discount code.)