It may seem like I want to skip Thanksgiving and get to Christmas, but it’s not true. I am, however, slightly over fall decor and ready to make that switch. I love this time of year because there’s so much to look forward to and lots of fun activities to do. I compiled a holiday season check list to motivate me during the best time of the year.
Here’s what I plan to do in November and December:
- Go to a tree lighting.
- Send Christmas cards.
- Participate in a Secret Santa exchange.
- Give back. We like to pick an Angel tag (or a similar program) and buy gifts for children.
- Bake cookies. (And other treats!)
- Watch NYE fireworks.
- Sip hot chocolate and see holiday lights.
- Watch a Thanksgiving parade.
- Go to a Christmas market. (Christkindlmarket is expanding to the Park at Wrigley (Field) in Chicago and I can’t wait to visit!)
- Ice skating. (Not sure I will be able to, but Graham and Victoria can!)
- Catch a holiday show at the theater.
What would you add to this list? What’s your favorite thing to do?