For the past few years I have chosen a word to guide the following 12 months. Each year I have watched that word change my life, sometimes in ways I didn’t expect. When I saw the following word last week, it spoke to me. I knew this would be my chosen word for 2018, as well as an intention: Believe.
Believe is my 2018 word of the year.
I believe in myself and that I can make my goals a reality.
I believe our baby will be healthy and happy.
I believe we will adjust to life with a new baby.
I believe we will find a better space/home for us.
I believe we will be successful financially and personally.
I believe a certain sports team will win it all. 😉
I believe I will find time for fitness after baby.
I believe I can be more mindful of what I put into my body.
I believe I can realign my life to make room for all things I love.
I believe I can help people.
I believe I will connect with more amazing people thanks to my blog and my social media channels.
I wrote last week about how I want to confidently share what I want to do in 2018, and the word believe certainly aligns with that desire.
What’s your word for 2018? Do you prefer to set goals or resolutions?
Simplifying To-Do List for 2018:
In addition to a chosen word for 2018, I’ve been thinking lately about how I can simplify to make room for change in both my mind and my home. I came up with some to-dos I want to take in the first half of the year to get me started. I’m sure I will add to this as the year progresses.
- Declutter photos in my Google Drive, on my phone and on my computer and external hard drive.
- Sell my old camera and lenses I don’t need.
- Sell clothes that don’t fit anymore and that I won’t want to wear after baby.
- Declutter more accessories I don’t wear.
- Get rid of old pillows and blankets.
- Donate or declutter toys Victoria doesn’t play with and clothes she doesn’t like (and some that I don’t like).
- Clean up my Pinterest boards.
What’s on your to-do list this year? Do you have a running list of things to declutter like me?