Just as I shared Mother’s Day gifts that give back recently, I want to offer ideas for Father’s Day gifts that help others in some way. Gifts from companies and brands that donate to worthy causes are my favorite to purchase. My ideas for 2019:
- Give a fishing kit to a person in need. The dad who has everything and loves to help others would appreciate this gift in their name. It gives a family fishing kit to help them put food on the table. You could combine this with giving the father a new fishing kit of his own, too, from his favorite retailer.
- National Parks Foundation gifts: You can purchase gifts via the National Parks Foundation that benefit our national parks. An idea is this stainless steel coffee mug that says Happy Camper. You can find apparel, stickers, calendars, and more.
- Grounds & Hounds Coffee: Twenty percent of all Grounds & Hounds coffee sales profits are used to fund animal rescue initiatives. Grounds & Hounds sells coffee, apparel, mugs and other gear.
- Final Straw metal reusable straw: One percent of sales of this collapsible straw benefit environmental nonprofits that work to protect the environment, advocate for animals, educate youth, and empower women. The percentage given isn’t high but at least the product also helps reduce waste.
- Lifestraw water bottle: An outdoor enthusiast might appreciate the personal “straw” filter for sports, survival and emergencies. One product helps one school child get one year of clean water.
- TOMS shoes: It’s well known that TOMS donates with every purchase but you can now pick the cause you want to give toward with your purchase. Options include safe water, mental health and homelessness.
- Little Market Father’s Day edition candles: Each candle gift empowers refugee women at Prosperity Candle.
What would you add to this list? Is it important that your purchases give back in some way?