I am not saying you have to be productive, but if you have some energy you want to devote to getting stuff done during social distancing, here are some things you can get done while staying home during the coronavirus outbreak. First and foremost, take care of yoursef. I’m mostly talking about ideas for what to do on weekends and nights because I know so many of us still have to work during the day but are doing so remotely. And I know so many others have to work, or are being laid off. I truly hope for a quick return to normalcy, but in the meantime, here are ideas for what to do at home during COVID-19 social distancing.
Ways to stay sane and/or productive:
- Work on home projects you’ve been putting off.
- Color in a coloring book.
- Complete a puzzle.
- Play board games.
- Declutter your belongings. I went through my daughters’ clothing to see what no longer fits.
- Get rid of or organize your junk drawer.
- Fill out the census form.
- Work on a craft or art project with family.
- Start shopping for Christmas/holiday or upcoming birthday gifts online. See if local shops offer items or gift certificates online.
- Get started on spring cleaning.
- Write or journal.
- Get expiration dates on products and get rid of old/unused items.
- Sew/repair ripped clothing.
- Research local candidates in the election and vote by mail in the primary (if it hasn’t happened yet).
- Replace light bulbs.
- Email/Skype/Chat with friends or family if you haven’t in a while.
- Shop online for items I need to replace.
- Organizing paperwork.
- Look for opportunities to help others by donating money. Some organizations are helping children who depend on school lunches to eat.
- Try new recipes.
- Update old blog posts/website content.
- Read a book you love. It can be for fun or for self-improvement or whatever you want!
- Find an at-home workout.
Of course you can also spend your time watching TV or napping. Or watch “Frozen 2” on Disney Plus a million times. It’s all up to you! I’m not your boss.
What ideas would you add?