If you’re looking for a sunflower field near Chicago, Thompson Strawberry Farm in Bristol, Wisconsin, is an excellent choice. It’s about an hour drive from Chicago or 40 minutes from the village of Skokie. The farm offers sunflower picking in the summer months after the end of strawberry picking season.
Admission is $12 per adult and $6 per child, and each person can pick six sunflowers. The farm is open for picking from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. You can also bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the picnic tables. Parking is included in the price, and there is a portable restroom on-site.
What to Bring:
- Scissors, otherwise you will need to buy them for $3 at the farm.
- Vase, if you’d like, for transporting your sunflowers.
- Wagon for small children.
- Camera for photos!
What you can pick at the farm:
- Strawberries from mid June to early July
- Sunflowers from July to early October
- Raspberries from September to early October
- Pumpkins from mid September to early October
Photo ideas at the sunflower field:
Hope these photos of our family at the sunflower field can inspire your own photos when you visit the sunflower fields.
Do you have any plans to visit a sunflower field near Chicago this summer?