Graham and I don’t get many date nights, but when we do, we try to make them as memorable as possible. While there’s nothing wrong with simply going out to dinner (it’s one of my favorite things to do in life), I wanted to share date ideas for fun things to do that might not be the usual date activities to you. I tried to not make these Chicago specific so that you can hopefully find these wherever you live.
34 Date Ideas:
- Embark on a dinner cruise on a lake, river or in the ocean, if you live near one.
- Attend a murder mystery dinner show. We recently experienced one in Chicago.
- See a musical or play.
- Picnic on the beach or park.
- Browse a bookstore and pick out books for each other to read. Follow it up with frozen yogurt because yum.
- Try a Dabble class. Knife-throwing, anyone? ** I am an ambassador, but I am not compensated for promoting Dabble. I just love them!
- Attempt standup paddleboarding.
- Yoga in the park or on the beach. Maybe even beer yoga?
- Volunteering and brunch.
- Spend a day at the racetrack or casino.
- Run a 5K together. Followed by brunch, obviously.
- Sample the goodies at a food truck festival.
- Shop at a farmers market and cook a meal with your haul.
- Go to an open mic night or a comedy show.
- Painting and BYOB night.
- Play miniature golf or go to TopGolf.
- Play laser tag.
- Find a cooking class.
- Try rock-climbing.
- Go to a baseball game. (Or insert your favorite in-season sport.)
- Road trip to an amusement park.
- Check out an arcade bar.
- Go to a concert or music festival.
- Browse an art or history museum.
- Watch a movie or concert in the park.
- Work up a sweat at a kickboxing class.
- Drink fancy beverages on a rooftop.
- Stroll through a botanical garden or conservatory.
- Go kayaking or canoeing.
- Get a couples massage and have a pool day.
- Double date for an escape room adventure.
- Attend adult night at your local zoo or aquarium. (Many facilities do this!)
- Go hiking! (With plenty of snacks.)
What would you add to this list? What has been your most memorable data recently?
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.