This year I focused on switching my makeup and skincare products to cruelty-free options. It’s been a struggle to find products that not only avoid testing on animals but also do what they claim to do. There’s also the added challenge of trying to be as minimalistic as I can in the process. I don’t want to end up with five different primers, foundations or mascaras; I just want one of each that will do the job. Is that so much to ask? (An exception to this is lipstick, because I need plenty of lip options to match my outfit, mood, look, etc.) The products below are on my radar because I have heard/seen positive reviews, they are cruelty-free, and their packaging appeals to me.
My wish list:
- Bite Beauty’s Perfect Bite Set: It comes with four “deluxe size” lipsticks in Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb and Nori. These would make a great gift for makeup-loving friends and family.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette: I have always wanted to try this palette, which has three highlighting and three contouring shades, after seeing rave reviews. I also think the Kat Von D has excellent and unique packaging.
- Milani Rose Powder Blush: I like the rose detail, and I can’t wait to see it on my cheeks. Milani is an affordable and cruelty-free drugstore brand.
- Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer: I am still on the hunt for a cruelty-free primer that actually minimizes pores, and I am hoping this will be the one.
- Too Faced Chocolate Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: The gold packaging is right up my alley. I also need a slighter darker bronzer than I am using now (Physicians Formula). I have also heard that this has an enticing scent.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette: I have had my eye on this all year, and everyone single Youtuber and beauty blogger I follow seems to love it. I specifically have my eye on Red Ochre and Venetian Red.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel: I have been using a drugstore brow gel for some time now but I am ready to replace it with a cruelty-free brand, and ABH is known for being the best in brows.
What are you currently eyeing in the beauty department?
** This post contains affiliate links. I am compensated for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.