Tomorrow I head back to Chicago to a winter storm. Before I return to reality, I’d like to share some of my favorite things in Phoenix this week:
- The avocado and kale dip at True Food Kitchen at Biltmore Fashion Park. It’s delicious and comes with flax crackers instead of tortilla chips. I also had fish street tacos with beans paired with a honey lemonade. True Food is opening a location in Chicago soon, and I can’t wait.
Credit: Fox Restaurant Concepts
- The view from my office building in central Phoenix. I’m on a work trip, so I haven’t had the chance to hike at all, but I was tempted to leave it all behind and head to the mountain on many occasions.
- Spending time with family, especially my nieces and nephews! I had a dance party in my car with my oldest nephew, watched my younger nephew perform in a variety show, tried to get my oldest niece to warm up to me, and sang to my youngest niece to make her smile.
- Tomorrow’s brunch with friends will combine my love of the best meal of the week with the coolest people I know.
- Trying out the Orangetheory location in central Phoenix. The class was just as great, although I wasn’t a fan of the older treadmills. I’m actually impressed that I managed to make it to a 6:15 a.m. class.
- Tuesday night’s dinner with my yoga friends. One of them made the prettiest — and tastiest — salad, which we ate with Spinato’s Signature pizza, my favorite option on the menu, and pumpkin pie.
Spinato’s pizza and salad Pumpkin pie and the loveliest salad
Have a great weekend!
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.