The pandemic has had a massive impact on a lot of people all over the world, with many people losing jobs because of it. There are also those who have seen their business demand shrink because of the pandemic. So many people are looking to find ways to make more money. If this is you, here are some suggestions that can help you generate extra income this year:
- Look into freelancing: One option that more and more people are considering is freelancing. This is something you can do in your spare time. There are many different types of activities that you can do from the comfort of your own home. This includes writing, website design, admin work, translation, and a lot more. I have shared a post on sources of my freelance income in the past that can you give ideas. Another blogger, Kait Hanson, has also recently shared a template you can use to pitch your writing to publications.
- Sell some of your belongings: Now would be a good time to go around your home and see if you have any belongings that you no longer need. You could host a garage sale or you could decide to sell the items online. This can be a great way to make a bit of extra cash that can help you through this difficult period.
- Take part in surveys: While this won’t make you rich, there are a lot of paid survey websites today that can enable you to make an extra bit of cash.
- Start an Etsy shop: You can sell digital or physical products to generate some income. Use all the listing hashtags to make your products more visible on the platform. Read my post on starting an Etsy shop.
- Be cautious of scams: A final piece of advice when you are looking for additional revenue options is to be careful about scams. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there that are trying to capitalize on people’s desperate need for money at the moment. MLM schemes are a prime example, and you can read more information on signs to leave MLMs to get a better understanding. You’ve heard the saying that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
There are many different ways that you can earn money today. I hope these helped you brainstorm ideas on ways to make extra income.
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.