Monday: 20 minutes of yoga at home.
Floor workout was:
- Lunges into high knees with hands pulling on the TRX straps (Reps: 6/8/6/8 on each side)
- Triple squats to triple pushups
- Squat jacks
- And other stuff I can’t remember.
Floor workout was:
- Low rows with the TRX straps (12 reps, three sets)
- Tricep pushups with hand release (12 reps, three sets)
- Calf raises (24 reps, two sets)
- Situps to stand on Bosu ball
- Dumbbell chest press on the Bosu ball
- Another exercise I don’t know what to call. It was like doing a side angle pose with weights. (12 reps on each side, three sets)
Week’s mileage: 16.97
Yoga Minutes: 60
OTF Marathon: 7.52
This week was a little different in that I took three rest days (I consider yoga at home to be a rest day as well). I usually go to Orangetheory on Sundays, but I wanted to take a day off after running my 10-miler. I was reminded how important rest days are after going to a class on a day I should have had off. My muscles felt exhausted and I needed to listen to my body. Speaking of my body, this week I finally saw a difference in areas I’ve been hoping to improve. That was thanks to eating much less unprocessed and unhealthy foods (with the exception of two doughnuts and some chips). While I did give in to temptation a couple times, I mostly stuck to the healthier options in our kitchen. Thanks to my farm-box subscription I had sweet potatoes; veggies to mix with black beans and egg whites and top with salsa; and plenty of salads. I also made a zucchini, corn and pepper soup.
Next week will be a test because I will be in Louisville for the weekend with a friend. I am going to try to fit a 6-miler in at some point Friday-Sunday and I plan to workout Monday-Thursday. Wish me luck!
I’m planning to do a yoga video soon. If you’d like to receive it in your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter!
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.