I blinked and it suddenly became June. May was full of celebrations but also challenges. The overall lesson for May was invest in yourself: in time for myself, in career and personal growth, and what my body and mind need. I learned this lesson by neglecting myself on many occasions in the previous months. I put my fitness and career goals on hold and it was beginning to affect my outlook on life. I had to make a change, so I finally allowed myself to invest in what I needed. I signed up for the photography class I had been putting off, I searched for backup babysitters to give myself the help I need, I bought the equipment I needed to pursue my passions, and I invested in group half-marathon training to set myself up for success in my next race. I am now feeling inspired heading into June — motivation is something I have been lacking this year. I’m excited to share my June goals in hopes of inspiring your own and starting a conversation about how you plan to invest in yourself as well this month.
First, let’s check in on my May goals:
- Plan something to do as a family for Victoria’s birthday. We spent that weekend at our neighborhood park and beach. The weather was gorgeous, so we flew a kite, devoured our snacks, and let Victoria ride her new balance bike. It was a perfect weekend for her birthday, our adoption hearing and my first Mother’s Day. (Let me know if you’d like to see a post on our adoption story. I posted a short update on our adoption day, but I removed it because I wanted to do a better-quality post with more of a story to tell.)
- Check out at least two area preschools and day care centers. I didn’t do this, but I did interview babysitters.
- Finish half-marathon training. If you read my recent update on half-marathon training, you’d know why I decided to defer my race entry and start over. It was a tough decision, but it was the right one for me at the time. I learned a lot about what I can better in my next training, which starts later in June.
- Attend at least two studio yoga classes. Victoria and I attended a mom and toddler yoga class at a local studio. Other than that I practiced yoga on my own last month.
- Match March’s freelance income or surpass it. I surpassed March’s freelance income by about $100, which I am proud to say. I planned to do more work but I forgot my laptop charger during our recent trip to Louisville, so I wasn’t able to write more on our drive back to Chicago.
- Update my blog pages. I updated my header with labels on specific topics that are frequently discussed on Floradise. I will be updating these in the coming months to make posts easier to find.
- Film at least four YouTube videos. I shared footage from our GoPro, which was found underwater off a Costa Rica beach recently. Would you like to read a post on this story? I also shared our family adventures and our adoption day. Please subscribe!
- Plan a camping/cabin trip as a family.
- Go on a date night.
- Plan a fun activity for Father’s Day.
- Plan a mom’s day out.
- Start half-marathon group training with my coaches on June 28.
- Film a yoga video.
- Attend two yoga classes in the studio/local park/garden.
- Complete my photography class.
- Match or surpass May’s freelance income.
- Film at least five YouTube videos.
- Decide on the dates and destination of our winter family trip.
- Add to our travel fund.
What are your June goals? What posts would you like to see on Floradise? In what ways are you investing in yourself?
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.