May goal check-in:
- Declutter a bit more, pack and move into our new apartment! Done! It was difficult and exhausting, but we moved! We already love our new apartment much more than the previous one.
- Find freelance writing and editing work. I found a few sponsored opportunities and will have an editing project later this summer. I kept applying for freelance work only to have the project turn full-time, meaning I couldn’t do it along with my full-time job. I will continue to look for more opportunities. I even reached out to a company I regularly blog about and hope we can work together soon.
- Continue half-marathon/marathon training, and beat my previous half-marathon time at the Chicago Spring Half. I wanted to set a PR, but I was 5 minutes off. I did beat my previous time, so I am happy! I am confident I can PR in the fall if I keep up with training.
- Limit personal spending to $50 a week. Fail, except for one week. It was nearly impossible with travel I had to do and changing apartments. Moving meant eating takeout a lot more than usual while we set up our place and get groceries.
- Grow my blog community and social media presence. Success! I have grown my blog community by joining Blog Boss Babe and a couple more Facebook groups. I love finding new blogs to read. Leave a comment with your blog link; I’d love to check it out!
- Live in the moment despite the anticipation of what’s to come. I did the best I could. Now that I know what is coming our way I am happy to make preparations for all the changes. I am happy to be in our new place and ready to move on from our first apartment experience in Chicago, which I plan to write about soon. My half-marathon is done and now I can start training for my full marathon and my next half. It’s going to be a fun summer!
- Prepare for a major life change that I’ll share more about soon.
- Pay off one of my student loans.
- Plan a summer camping trip.
- Find freelance writing and editing work and sponsored posts.
- Continue to grow my blog community.
- Start marathon training!
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.