I never quite know how to begin goals posts without sounding like a broken record by saying “How is it already May?!” I feel like just yesterday it was January 1 and I was setting all sorts of goals for the year. Now it’s somehow time to set May goals and I am wondering how I’ll ever keep up with life. Setting and sharing monthly goals is a way for me to stay accountable and see what works and what doesn’t work. I have learned this year that I tend to take on too much and I need to give myself a break. With that in mind, these are my May goals:
- Plan something to do as a family for Victoria’s birthday.
- Check out at least two area preschools and day care centers.
- Finish half-marathon training.
- Attend at least two studio yoga classes.
- Match March’s freelance income or surpass it.
- Update my blog pages.
- Film at least four YouTube videos.
And now let’s check in on April goals:
- Go to a new place (in Chicago) together as a family. Yes! We had a fun night at Medieval Times.
- Go on a date night. We didn’t get a chance but we already have one planned in May.
- Ramp up half-marathon training. Yes and no. I got back on track, but I missed my 8 miler over the weekend because I was nonstop prepping for family celebrations. I plan to complete it this week.
- Attend four yoga classes. I practiced more at home, but I didn’t make it to four studio classes.
- Match March’s freelance writing income (or surpass it). No. I waited all month for the next batch of work to arrive, so I didn’t meet my goal, but I plan to make this up in May.
- Make blog updates. I started but I have a lot more work to do.
- Film at least four YouTube videos. I posted quite a few videos this month. Please subscribe!
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.