September goal check-in:
- Relax. I did the best I could. Work slowed down, which relieved my stress significantly. I took many essential oil baths, meditated, listened to audiobooks, and rested, among other methods of relaxing. (See my post on ways to relax during the workday.)
- Beat my previous half-marathon time at the Chicago Fall Half Marathon and stay on track with marathon training. Success! I set a new PR at the Chicago Fall Half. I am now SIX DAYS from the Chicago Marathon!
- Film and post more videos. (Subscribe to my YouTube channel here.) Done! I added quite a few videos and now have a GoPro to help film more. Graham and I invested in the GoPro Hero 5, and we love it so far.
- Embrace the new season and the all change coming our way.
- When feeling overwhelmed, give myself a break and ask for help. I already take on a lot, but this month I will encounter my biggest challenge yet. Graham and I will need to be a team more than ever.
- Beat my first marathon time (Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon 2015) at the 2016 Chicago Marathon.
- Film at least one video a week.
- Work through half of my fall bucket list. A lot of these can be done in one day!
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.