It may seem like I want to skip Thanksgiving and get to Christmas, but it’s not true. I am, however, slightly over fall decor and ready to make that switch. I love this time of year because there’s so much to look forward to and lots of fun activities to do. I compiled a holiday season check list to motivate me during the best time of the year.
Here’s what I plan to do in November and December:
- Go to a tree lighting.
- Send Christmas cards.
- Participate in a Secret Santa exchange.
- Give back. We like to pick an Angel tag (or a similar program) and buy gifts for children.
- Bake cookies. (And other treats!)
- Watch NYE fireworks.
- Sip hot chocolate and see holiday lights.
- Watch a Thanksgiving parade.
- Go to a Christmas market. (Christkindlmarket is expanding to the Park at Wrigley (Field) in Chicago and I can’t wait to visit!)
- Ice skating. (Not sure I will be able to, but Graham and Victoria can!)
- Catch a holiday show at the theater.
What would you add to this list? What’s your favorite thing to do?
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.