Customizing Starbucks’ $3 reusable cold cups has become a popular side hustle in 2021 thanks to the Cricut and Silhouette cutting machines. You can cut permanent vinyl and apply it to these colds using transfer tape to create one of a kind gifts. I love adding names and designs to them and offering them in my Etsy and Floradise shops. I’m sharing some tips for customizing Starbucks cups:
- Try to come up with designs that haven’t been done a lot, or find a new spin on popular designs.
- Use permanent vinyl, not removable.
- If you plan to sell your creations, stay away from trademarked characters.
- Buy or make a cup cradle to hold your cup in place as you apply the vinyl.
- Be sure to apply enough pressure on your transfer tape to ensure a good application.
- You can use a hot air gun to help your vinyl stick even better, but don’t put it too close to the vinyl and only use it for a few seconds at a time.
- Include a care card so the recipient knows how to take care of it.
- You can use Canva to create SVGs if you have a business account!
- Practice, practice, practice applying the vinyl.
- Download the logo circle SVG for free from sites like KaylaMakes.com. She also offers commercial licenses for her designs as well as many free SVG files.
- Have fun!
CONNECT WITH ME:
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.