Recently I shared my camping and road trip essentials and prep list in anticipation of our weekend. We had planned to go to Indiana Dunes, but at the last minute we decided to change our destination to Warren Dunes State Park. It reminded us a lot of Nordhouse Dunes, where we camped last summer.
We tested out the DJI Mavic Pro drone for the first time, too! We only have a little bit of footage because the flying time is only 27 minutes, which was longer than most of the other drones we saw available.
About Warren Dunes:
- It’s dog-friendly and the dog areas are clearly marked. They must be on leashes though.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited and rangers/officers patrol the beach, citing anyone who has them.
- You can rent kayaks and paddleboards!
- You’ll need an umbrella, because there’s no shade.
- Out-of-state residents pay $9 per day or $32 for an annual pass.
- It’s only an hour and a half from Chicago, but it took us more than two hours to get home on Sunday evening.
Watch our video at Warren Dunes!
Shop the drone**:
**This is an affiliate link. I am compensated for purchases made through this link at no additional cost to you.
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.