** This post contains affiliate links. I am compensated for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
After decluttering most of my wardrobe during the nesting phase of pregnancy, I was not left with much to wear during the fall and winter at seven months postpartum. I wanted to buy some basics that I could wear for the colder season here in Chicago while I’m essentially in hibernation mode. I never go too crazy with shopping, and this haul is a lot for me to purchase at once, but I needed clothes to boost my self-esteem and help me feel more like a person and not a “mombie.” I’m sharing some of my finds because many of them might be on sale for Black Friday, plus they were already affordable.
My fall/winter postpartum clothing haul:
- Cozy pullover sweater: I bought this one in the Wine color, but it also comes in many other options. It’s super soft and comfortable. It’s not itchy at all!
- Long-sleeve top with back cutout: I just wanted a soft, basic top that I can pair with any bottoms I have and/or a vest. I want to buy this in another color as well.
- Faux fur sweater vest: This is the coziest sweater vest with pockets and a hood. It was affordable at about $22. I have been wearing it nonstop! (This color is sold out but it comes in gray and black, too.)
- Black midrise skinny jeans. Black jeans are a staple in my wardrobe. These are a good length for me and they are comfortable enough to wear every day. (I bought them in short.) Note: I also purchased Universal Thread jeggings, but I’m not sure I recommend them, because they stretch too much throughout the day, or maybe I needed to size down.
- Cozy open cardigan: This is the softest cardigan, and I wear it frequently. I picked the light gray color, which goes with just about anything I have. (It’s on sale for a limited time for $20.)
- Pajama set: I’ve been feeling so frumpy in my mismatched T-shirt and comfy pants to go to bed. Now I feel more put together and this set is soft and cute. (I prefer shorts to sleep in because I run hot.) My friend was also kind enough to gift me a second pajama set that comes with a nursing top. The pants are so lightweight and soft.
- Scallop sleeve sweater: It’s flattering and soft, but I wish the sleeves were full length. I bought it in gray so it can match just about everything.
Shop my haul**:
Click the image to shop my picks.