** This post is sponsored by Audible but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
One of my goals for the new year is to get back on track with my workouts and to prioritize fitness again after a year off. It’s not easy to get back into working out, but I have ways I’ve learned to make fitness enjoyable and to keep me motivated and inspired. I’m hoping these will help you with your own fitness and overall goals in 2019!
Healthy Fitness Habits to Begin This Year:
- Choose an activity you enjoy. Try new things and classes until you find something you love to do as a work out, whether it’s dancing, running, yoga, swimming or a boot camp.
- Set realistic, incremental goals. My goal is to run consistently again and then complete a half-marathon, so I’m starting with walking consistently, whether outside or on the treadmill. It feels great to work up to a longer run each time.
- Visualize the results you’d like to see and then make a plan. Following fitness acounts that inspire me and surrounding myself with reminders of my goals keeps me interested and inspired to continue. Having a training program keeps me on track.
- Listen to your favorite audiobooks with Audible. This is my current favorite way to lose track of time while working out. I’m enjoying Michelle Obama’s “Becoming,” which I find to be riveting. Listening to Obama’s story while running or walking has calmed me down on some recent overwhelming days. Her voice is calming and soothing, and her story brings me motivation.
I find that I am most energized by motivational books, but Audible offers a range of options including best sellers, mysteries, thrillers, and memoirs. You can also pick out two free Audible originals every month or check out the fitness content in the Audible store. I found a 5K training program that I am trying as well as content sharing quick workouts for busy people. If you’d like to try meditation, you can find guided options, too.
I recommend these motivational audiobooks, which I’ve enjoyed in the past year.
- “You Are a Badass” by Jen Sincero
- “Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear” by Elizabeth Gilbert
- “You Are a Badass at Making Money” by Jen Sincero
How to use Audible:
I have been an Audible fan for a couple of years now, so I’ve built up a library of audiobooks that I’ve downloaded onto the phone and can access at any time, whether in the car, using my headphones or via speakers. You can adjust preferences for your audiobooks by setting the narration speed, switching to button-free mode and sleep timer. With my membership I get one audiobook and two Audible Originals every month and it rolls over if I don’t use it. If I’m ever unsatisfied with a purchase, I can return it easily and buy another audiobook instead.
Are you ready to hit your fitness goals too? Get started on Audible with a 30-day trial!
Pin this post:
CONNECT WITH ME:
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.