Last week’s half-marathon training was off for good reason: I took a road trip down to Louisville, Kentucky, from Chicago with two of my favorite people, Charlsy and Graham. We packed so much into one weekend that it’s difficult to put into words, so I created a video instead!
- Hanging out with friends and family in Louisville.
- RecBar, an arcade bar and restaurant in Louisville. We enjoyed a fun evening of playing games with friends Friday evening!
- Thunder Over Louisville. We spent Saturday at the daylong celebration. We watched the air show, ate everything in sight and were amazed at the incredible fireworks show. It’s hands down the best fireworks display I’ve ever seen.
- Slugger Museum. We took a tour of the factory where the famous bats are made. You take home a mini bat!
- Lunch at Cunninghams Creekside restaurant. We sat on the patio to enjoy lunch before heading back to Chicago. Also, this place was super affordable.
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.