Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DoMoreForYourWholeMouth #ColgatePartner #CollectiveBias
Self-care is a major focus of 2019 for me, and I want to help you also find ways to recharge and take care of yourself this year. In this post I share my self-care resolutions to incorporate in the new year.
Besides career, family and travel goals, I believe in setting a complete wellness resolution or mini self-care goals to improves your total health. Want to do the same? Follow these suggestions in 2019:
- Give your hair breaks from heat and other harmful habits. I have recently cut back on using heating tools and reduced my number of hair products. It feels good to give my hair a rest. I also got a much-needed haircut to allow my hair to grow nicely and strongly. One of my self-care goals this year is to continue giving my hair breaks every now and then and to restore my hair back to health.
- Spend more time outdoors. Being outside is good for the soul. I aim to give myself breaks throughout the day and travel to places where I can explore the outdoors as much as possible. In January I had the opportunity to hike while I was in Phoenix during a work/family trip and it was a necessary boost after the endless gray days in Chicago.
- Incorporate a mental release into your wellness routine, whether it’s prayer, meditation, journaling or counseling. I recently began counseling again along with using a meditation app daily. This is helping to improve my overall mental and spiritual well-being along giving me the physical benefits of anxiety relief. With this self-care goal it’s important to measure progress in a journal and celebrate successes. Habit trackers and mood trackers are great for highlighting the positive effects of your new habits.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and drink enough water. Diet is key because it affects all aspects of health. A goal to implement in 2019 is to be more mindful of what you eat to nourish my body and help it perform its best. This is one of the most challenging goals but one that pays off in so many ways.
- Besides enhancing your inner beauty, allow yourself to incorporate healthy skin habits. Add new-to-you makeup products and other beauty treatments into your self-care if that’s something you enjoy. I find that taking time to do my makeup as often as is realistic in my lifestyle makes me feel human again after a sleepless night with my baby. Maybe you find that trying something new in your beauty routine also improves your confidence.
- Find a fitness routine you enjoy along with a partner to keep you accountable. One of my top self-care goals for the year is to really figure out a fitness routine I can maintain. I want to make regular exercise a habit again.
- Take stock of your dental health. Schedule your regular dentist visits, and analyze your dental hygiene routine. I admit I had to catch up on missed appointments in the last year, but it feels good to consult a dental professional for my concerns. I also use Colgate TotalSF Advanced Whitening Toothpaste, which helps fight cavities, prevents gingivitis and tartar, removes plaque, and whitens teeth. I especially want to continue working to whiten and brighten my smile this year. New Colgate TotalSF provides benefits that I especially appreciate, especially after recently having orthodontic work done. Colgate TotalSF now also provides sensitivity relief, strengthens enamel and has odor neutralization for fresher breath. Colgate TotalSF does more for your mouth, making it a great value, and you can find it at your local Walmart. Having fresh breath inspires me to have the confidence to take on my busy day of interacting with people for my side hustle and in my role as a mom.
Shop for Colgate TotalSF Advanced Whitening Toothpaste through the image below and start doing more for your mouth!
Also, earn money back with this Ibotta offer!
Click the image to shop for Colgate TotalSF !
Do you practice self-care? What are your goals for the new year?
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.