My post-travel self-care ideas:
- Take care of your skin. I wasn’t following my skin-care routine as much as I wanted because I wasn’t home. I had to get back into the habit of using face masks and applying serum and moisturizer regularly. I’ve recently started using Lush’s Mask of Magnaminty, which is refreshing and kind of looks like something you’d want to dip your crackers in. I’m also using L’oreal Youth Code Skin Recharger. I notice that my skin has felt smoother and looks brighter.
- Take a relaxing soak or bath. I recently received a free sample of Dr. Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution in Lavender from Influenster. I used it during our road trip to New Orleans to relieve the soreness that comes from sitting in a car for hours. Another option is the Dresdner Essenz Muscle Therapy regenerating bath with natural essential oils. I received this for my birthday, and it came in handy after the road trip and some tough workouts.
- Get back on your fitness routine. For me this meant booking more Orangetheory sessions and devising my half-marathon training plan. Now I just need to keep implementing it. I recently received a coupon for 40 percent of C9 at Target sports bras (also from Influenster). It helped me replace a worn sports bra that gave me no support. And it’s cute!
- Reflect about your experiences in a journal. I was fortunate enough to receive a journal for my birthday called The 52 Lists Project. It was perfect timing because I just filled up my illustrated journal, “Start Where You Are.”
- Get your nails done, or do them yourself. It’s a confidence boost to have my nails done. Sometimes it’s a barometer for how well put together my life is at any given moment.
- Drink more water, fresh fruit/veggie juice (homemade) or fruit-infused water and eat whole foods. I am still getting back to this. I took a step in the right direction by restarting my farm-box subscription after a hiatus. Time to start eating better foods!
- Start each day with meditation. This is always my plan, but I rarely do it anymore. It’s more helpful to start the day with meditation than looking through one’s phone notifications. When you fit in your meditation time? Do you think it helps?
Related travel posts:
CONNECT WITH ME:
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.