- We received our family photos from Abigail Joyce Photography and I love them! We chose Montrose Harbor in Chicago for our location because we could get different types of shots there, and I was happy with how they turned out. Family sessions are a blur and it seemed like V was moving constantly, but somehow Abigail was able to capture beautiful photos.
|Abigail Joyce Photography|
- Graham and I took advantage of another warm weekend in Chicago to go on a stand-up paddleboarding date. We had purchased rentals from Chicago Paddle Co. in July but never used them. The rentals had since expired, but when we saw the company would be open one more weekend we simply walked up and asked if we could use our passes. It was a much-needed day date. We plan to keep up with our date nights/days as much as possible after going months without ever really making time for dates without Victoria. We’ve been reminded recently that we need time to ourselves as a couple. Need date ideas? Check out my list.
- I teamed up with four bloggers to give away a $50 Lush gift certificate over on Instagram. I’ve been all about self-care recently, so I wanted to help others focus on the same. All you need to do is follow us and tag two friends in the comments. Head over to my profile to enter.
- Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara: I’ve been using and loving this for almost two months. I was previously using Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, but I find this to be better and much less expensive!
- Ciaté London Fierce Flicks eyeliner. I received this complimentary product from Influenster recently and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I had been using NYX matte eyeliner, but I find this much easier to use because it’s a felt tip. I feel like I have much more control. (The Fierce Flicks is currently sold out at Sephora but I linked to another Ciaté eyeliner.)
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Sea Salt Texture Spray: I recently cut my hair, so I wanted to go back to using a texture spray to style my layered, short locks. I loved the way my hair looked when I have used this lately. I feel like my hair held the curls (using flat iron) until the next day, which is rare with my straight hair. It’s an affordable product, too.
What’s going on in your life lately? Share something fun with me in the comments!
Shop my favorites**:
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.