I have been a member of Social Fabric for months now, but I haven’t been selected for as many opportunities as I’d like. I decided to attend the SoFabU on the Road event in Chicago to learn about what I can do to improve my blog, and I’m so glad I did!
An opt-in offer is a free gift everyone receives. A content upgrade is a freebie associated with a specific blog post. #SoFabUOTR Use both!— Marette Flora (@maretteflora) July 9, 2016
- Your blog should have a minimum of three sign-up forms.
- Set up separate opt-ins based on post topics. (One for travel, fitness, etc.)
- Put a sign-up form on your most visited page.
During lunch, we were given the opportunity to ask questions to the Social Fabric team about applying for Shoppertunities.
They gave us tips for how to be selected and stand out:
- Don’t use their conversation starter topics in the application; many people do and you won’t stand out.
- Include a link to sponsored work and non-sponsored work so they can see what your sponsored work is like.
- It is OK to repin your own stuff many times. I had previously heard that you shouldn’t do this, but Becca seemed to think you can make your own rules, and that has worked for her.
- We can’t really rely on group boards all the time. Make your own boards.
- Use interests in the Analytics tab to create new boards on similar topics.
- We got time to actually work on our blogs and fix the issues we were talking about, like SEO-friendliness, descriptions, newsletter sign-ups and more.
- There was no shortage of food. We received a filling breakfast and lunch, along with cookies as a snack. The reception had plenty of beverages to unwind after a long day.
- The instructors walked around to ask if you needed help.
- I met some awesome bloggers!