I took 5-month-old A to her fourth baseball game at Wrigley Field on Tuesday night, and I have lost count how many games 4-year-old V has been to since joining our family. Most of the time I have gone to the games without my husband because he works during them. I’ve learned a thing or two about how to successfully attend a ballgame with two kids and still have a good time. The key is being prepared!
I’ve already shared my tips for taking a toddler to a baseball game, so I’m focusing now on my tips for taking a baby to a baseball game:
- Invest in Hearmuffs. Noise-canceling hearing protection has been a lifesaver for me. It allows my baby to not get startled and she can even nap despite the cheering and yelling that goes on at the stadium.
- Use a baby carrier. I have the Baby K-tan and I love it, but any baby carrier will do as long as you’ve tried it before and it’s comfortable. If your baby is young enough he or she will probably nap in it.
- Dress appropriately. It rained during one of the games, so I made sure we had extra baby clothes and blankets. I also made sure to bring hats for all of us and a mini umbrella hat. (Umbrellas aren’t allowed but I have a giveaway umbrella hat that I would have used.)
- Arrive late or leave early. I typically do either or both. I like to arrive at the ballpark after a couple of innings have passed so most people have taken their seats by then. I also try to leave early, depending on how the baby is doing, to beat the crowds and traffic.
- Bring snacks and water (and milk/formula).
- Look up the location of the family restroom(s) before you go.
- Try to buy seats on an aisle for easy entry and exit. Also, if it’s a warm day/time of year, try to buy a seat under shade. Note: Age 2 and under do not need their own ticket, but if you want them to have their own seat it might be worth the ticket price. It’s up to how you think they would do.
- Stick to day games. We went to a night game and it was significantly more challenging, but doable.
- Relax. Take your time and enjoy yourself!
Have you been to a sporting event with little ones? How did it go?
** This post contains an affiliate link. I am compensated for purchases made through this link at no additional cost to you.
Shop Baby K’tan**:
Hello World Sign for Baby Birth Announcement Photo
This hello world sign is perfect for baby’s first photo at birth. Take pictures with this circle plaque during your newborn photo session or during a family photo session. It also makes a great baby shower gift for a loved one.
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.