** Blue Apron provided complimentary meals for this post. This post also contains affiliate links. I am compensated for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting Floradise!
Just about a week before giving birth to Adelina I decided to give Blue Apron a try. I was looking for easy meals for me to make in my final three to four weeks of pregnancy, and I just didn’t have the energy or desire to meal plan. Little did I know that the day my meals were delivered was the day I would be in labor and delivery. In our first week home from the hospital I did manage to make a couple of the meals, though!
Spicy Fusilli Pasta & Broccoli
I really liked this pasta. I didn’t use all the chili paste because I thought it might be too much, but I probably could have.
Apple & Cheddar Grilled Cheese With Pickled Pepper Salad
I am typically not a Dijon mustard and sourdough person, but I really enjoyed this grilled cheese. I would never think to put apple slices in it, but it was delicious! I also really like the pickled pepper salad on the side.
Thoughts on Blue Apron:
- Meals are relatively quick to make.
- You can select vegetarian meal plans.
- The meals were tasty and I wouldn’t have thought to make the second recipe.
- Each item is individually packaged, which I think could be improved to use less materials. Blue Apron has tips on its website for how to recycle. It will require effort.
- I was not familiar with how to chop certain items because I don’t often cook with them, but I think I did OK.
Have you tried Blue Apron? What did you think?
Try Blue Apron:
Blue Apron: $50 Off! ($25 Off Each Week)