I keep a journal in which I often write about gratitude. On bad days, when you think life sucks, it helps, even just a little bit, to write down something that is going right or something that brings you happiness. Thanksgiving week is the perfect time to share some of the things that make me happy. What’s on my list?
- A family that helps each other out, even if we don’t always get along. My cute nieces and nephews.
- The ability to work from home.
- Time for myself via yoga, running, fitness classes and writing. The opportunity to work on myself.
- Friends who make an effort to maintain the friendship despite the long distance. (Especially Charlsy, in the lower left circle above.)
- The ability to travel.
- My dogs. They can be a pain sometimes, but they are also adorable. I love how happy they are when they can play at the beach or when we take them camping.
- A creative outlet via this blog and writing.
- Music. Especially my current favorite, Johnnyswim.
- Being able to enjoy quality, delicious food regularly.
What are you thankful for? What brings joy into your life?
Marette Flora is the founder of Floradise blog and personalized gift shop. Marette is a passionate storyteller and creator. She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication.
She is passionate about creating helpful and meaningful things.